Senior Consultant Neurosurgeon
Dr. Jain George is skilled and experienced in Adult and Pediatric Brain Surgery especially in brain tumors, cerebrovascular surgery (Stroke, Aneurysm and AVM) and congenital brain and spine anomalies in infants and children. He had surgical training from Central Government Institutes in India (IMS-BHU, AIIMS- New Delhi, SCTIMST- Trivandrum and NIMHANS-Bangalore) with additional clinical Fellowship training after USMLE and ECFMG certification from Children's Hospital Michigan, USA in Pediatric Neurosurgery and from Moffit Cancer Center, University of South Florida, USA in Neurosurgical Oncology. He has worked at accredited hospitals in USA, Malaysia, Saudi Arabia and Qatar.
Dr. Jain focuses on fast but safe surgery, thus reducing cost, hospital stay and complications. He has assembled a team and acquired appropriate and essential equipments to achieve this. For the best postoperative outcome he uses minimally invasive and keyhole concepts in brain and spine surgery.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), University of Wales, UK- 2014
Dissertation: Financial Implications of Hospital Accreditation
- Clinical Fellowship in Surgical Neuro-Oncology, 2005
Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute at the University of South Florida, Tampa. FL 33612 USA
- Clinical Fellowship in Pediatric Neurosurgery 2001
Childrens Hospital of Michigan, Detroit Medical Center, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, USA
- Master of Surgery (M.Ch.) Neurosurgery 1999
Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute For Medical Sciences and Technology (SCTIMST)
Trivandrum-695 011, India
- Master of Surgery (M.S.) General Surgery 1995
Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India.
- M.B.B.S 1992 Gov. Medical College, Thrissur, University of Calicut , Kerala, India
More than 30 years in surgical specialties
- Senior Consultant and Unit Chief, Department of Neurosurgery, Asst Professor, General Surgery, MOSC Medical College Hospital, Kolenchery, Ernakulam, India. May 2019 June 2022
- Chief of Neurosurgery, Director of Neuro Oncology and Cerebrovascular Surgery, Indo American Hospital Brain and Spine Centre, Vaikom-686143, Kerala, India. April 2014- March 2019
Performed over 900 brain and spine surgeries over 5 years, mostly elective brain tumors, aneurysms, AVMs, Spinal tumors, microdiscetomies and minimally invasive brain and spine surgeries. Teaching experience for DNB residents.
- Consultant Neurosurgeon, Royal Commission Hospital, Al Jubail, KSA- Feb 2013- Feb 2014
- Visiting Fellowship in Neurosurgery (October-December 2012), Fujita Health University, Toyoake, Aichi, 470-1192, JAPAN
- Consultant Neurosurgeon (locum) – August-September 2012
Hamad Medical Corporation, Doha, Qatar
- Senior Consultant Neurosurgeon, Indo American Hospital- Brain and Spine Centre, Vaikom-686 143, Kerala, India. July 2011-July 2012
Operated 115 cases in one year, including 24 aneurysms and no mortality or morbidity due to surgical complications.
- Consultant Neurosurgeon, Armed Forces Hospital Southern Region, Saudi Arabia. June 2006- June 2011
Consultant and acting Chief of Neurosurgery for four years. Appointed as Chairman of Mortality and Morbidity Committee. Has taken BLS,ACLS and ATLS training and certified. Attended many conferences, workshops and CME programs every year maintaining more than 30 CME hrs per year.
- Fellow in Surgical Neuro-Oncology, H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute, The University of South Florida, 12902 Magnolia Dr. Tampa, Florida 33612, USA. October 1, 2004- September 2005
- Lecturer & Consultant in Neurosurgery, University Science Malaysia, Kelantan, Malaysia August-2001- September 2004
- Consultant Neurosurgeon, West Fort Hospital, Trichur, India 680 004 March 2001-August 2001
- Fellow, Pediatric Neurosurgery, Childrens Hospital of Michigan, Detroit Medical Center, 3901 Beaubien, Detroit, MI 48201 Feb 2000- Feb. 2001
- Senior Resident, Department of Neurosurgery, Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, (SCTIMST) Trivandrum, India-695 011. January 1997- December 1999.
- Senior Resident, Department of Neurosurgery, All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi. March 1996 to November 1996.
- Lecturer, Department of Neurosurgery, Govt. Medical College Hospital, Trichur-680 001, India. September 1995 to March 1996.
- Honorary Senior Resident, Department of Neurosurgery, IMS, BHU, India. July1995-August, 1995.
- Junior Resident, Department of Surgery, Institute of Medical Sciences (IMS), Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi-221005, India. July 1992 to June 1995
Safe Removal of brain tumors- glioma, pituitary tumors, craniopharyngioma, meningioma, metastatic brain tumors, vestibular schwannoma, cavernoma, intraventricular tumors, medulloblastoma, pineal tumors, colloid cysts.
Vascular surgery- clipping of cerebral aneurysms, excision of brain arteriovenous malformations, microvascular decompression for neuralgia, spinal cord tumors, myelomeningocele, Chiari malformation, tethered cord.
Lesional and non lesional epilepsy surgery, Placement of programmable ventriculo peritoneal shunts, evacuation of chronic subdural hematomas with lowest recurrence rate.