DM CARDIOLOGY, GOVERNMENT MEDICAL COLLEGE TRIVANDRUM –
2014 TO 2017
Government Medical College Trivandrum is one of the oldest and prestigious institutes and a Tertiary care referral Center and teaching hospital in the state of Kerala, India.
Have performed more than 8000 diagnostic angiograms and 3800 angioplasties including more than 1000 Primary angioplasties.
After completing DM Cardiology, in the last 3 years, Dr Dilip have performed many coronary interventions including complex coronary interventions.
STRUCTURAL HEART DISEASE INTERVENTION
At the institute, Dr Dilip has performed/assisted structural interventions like Balloon Mitral Valvuloplasty, Device closure of Atrial Septal Defect/PFO/PDA/VSD/RSOV, Left and Right heart catheterization, various peripheral arterial and venous angioplasties like for lower limbs, renal, subclavian or the inferior vena cava. He has also expertises in both single and dual chamber permanent pacemaker implantation. He has also assisted procedures like CRT implantation, electrophysiologic studies.
Dr Dilip has performed both trans esophageal and transthoracic echocardiography. He has performed more than 1000 transthoracic echocardiograms and more than 100 transesophageal echocardiograms. He has also trained in preprocedural and preoperative assessment for valvular heartdisease.
MBBS, MD, DM(Cardiology), Fellow SCAI (USA)
5+ Years as Consultant in cardiology after completion of my DM - Cardiology in July 2017.
Consultant Interventional Cardiologist, St. Joseph Hospital Manjummel
Consultant in Cardiology at Kinder Hospital, Kochi
August 2017 to August 2018
Assistant Professor in Cardiology– Medical College Trivandrum
August 2014 to August 2017
DM Cardiology trainee – Medical College Trivandrum
Aug 2013 to July 2014
Assistant Professor in Internal Medicine, SBKS Medical Institute and Research Center, Vadodara
Sep 2012 to Mar 2013
District Medical Officer under National Program for control of Non - Communicable disease including cardiovascular diseases.
May 2012 to Sep 2012
Senior Resident Internal Medicine, MP Shah Govt. Medical College - Jamnagar
May 2009 to May 2012
MD Trainee in Internal Medicine, MP Shah Govt. Medical College - Jamnagar
Presentations and Publications
1. AV GANGHI INDIAN HEART JOURNAL/CSI AWARD 2018 – 5th Rank
in All India Research Work for the year 2017 - BEST PAPER Award – ICCK Kerala 2018 for the paper “Assessment
of Outcomes and Predictors of Success in patients undergoing
PCI for CTOs”
2. ESC Heart Failure Congress Vienna 2018 – Presented a poster - “The Role of biomarkers in Heart failure”
3. Asian Pacific Society Of Cardiology Congress 2018 Taipei, Taiwan - Presented a paper in the International Young Investigator
4. Award Session- Comparing sST2 with the conventional markers - (NTproBNP and Troponin T) in prognostication of patient
presenting with HFrEF.
5. National Interventional Council CSI 2018 Hyderabad, India
Presented a case – “Swiss-Cheese Atrial Septal Aneurysm Closure with a single Device”
6. Cardiology Society of India Kerala Chapter 2018 Kochi India – Presented a Case – “Double Trouble – A case of Stuck Balloon”
7. World Congress on Echocardiography 2017, Jaipur, India –
Presented a case – “Aortic Intussusception – a rare echo
8. Cardiology Society of India – Kerala Chapter 2017 – Presented a paper in the award session with 2nd Position– “ST-2 in Heart Failure”
9. Indian Academy of Echocardiography 2016, Madurai - Presented a case and got the best case award – “Heart In Heart – Sub-Mitral Aneurysm”
10. Co-author in a Research Article: Prognostic Value of soluble ST2 biomarker in heart failure patients with reduced ejection fraction published in Indian Heart Journal September 2017 DOI: 10.1016/j.ihj.2017.09.010
11. Co-author in a Research Article: TCTAP A-107 Real World
Experience of the Biomime Morph Tapered Stent in a Tertiary Care Hospital, April 2018, Journal of the American College of
Cardiology 71(16):S58-S59, DOI: 10.1016/j.jacc.2018.03.182
12. Co-author in a Research article: MRI in Tropical Endomyocardial Fibrosis HOW MIGHT THIS PAPER IMPACT CLINICAL PRACTICE?,
July 2019, Journal of Blood Transfusion and Diseases 2(2) : 57-68