Abdominoplasty, also known as a tummy tuck, is an elective cosmetic surgical procedure. It involves removal of excess skin, soft tissue and stubborn fat from the middle and lower abdomen along with repair and tightening of the abdominal wall muscles. The surgery can dramatically reduce the appearance of an unsightly protruding abdomen.
Here are 6 signs to know if you are a good candidate for Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck)
- Unable to get rid of the excess fat & skin around the belly even after dieting & exercising.
- Must be in good health and not have any serious underlying health issues.
- Have loose skin around the belly post pregnancy (Part of “Mommy make-over”).
- Not planning for future pregnancies. Even though you can have a baby after a tummy tuck surgery, it is advisable to undergo the surgery when you are not planning any further pregnancies. Reason being, further pregnancies can re-stretch the skin around the belly which could result in negating the results of the tummy tuck procedure. However, if you have an unexpected pregnancy, the tummy tuck will not have any impact on baby’s health.
- Have lost a significant amount of weight yet have stubborn fat on the belly that doesn’t go away with diet& exercise.
- No plans on losing massive amounts of weight (For instance, undergoing bariatric surgery), since, massive weight loss can make the abdominal skinsag again, negating the results of the tummy tuck procedure.
Although tummy tucks have a remarkable impact on the appearance, one must have realistic expectations from the surgery. The results of the surgery will gradually appear as the healing progresses.
Our prices are very transparent. To know about the price for Tummy Tuck, click here.
It is always advisable to find a board certified plastic surgeon that can guide you if tummy tuck is the right procedure for you. To know more about Tummy Tuck & if you are a good candidate for the same, Contact Sunrise Hospital.